I am hiring an assistant to prep/curl/blowdry hair for my weddings. I will finish the styles from there. Weddings can be very busy and this will help me get everything done in a timely manner. I often have huge bridal parties (sometimes 10-15 people) that I can't handle with just myself. After filling out this application I will contact you for a practical interview. You will need to bring a model/mannequin to my salon in Gilbert and I will teach you how I curl and prep the hair for updos/styles.
- Must be available on weekends/some weekdays (Typically Friday/ Saturday, although I do have a few weekday weddings randomly sometimes. I am 100% booked with weddings until May 2018 so I have all the dates that I need help already. (You must be available for all days. I understand if emergencies come up, but I have to be committed to the weddings and I need my assistant to be as well.) When I start booking fall 2018 weddings (or if I end up squeezing in a few more weddings before May), I'll need help then as well.
- I will provide everything on the wedding day. You do not need to bring anything.
- Pay is $25/hr. Weddings are typically 3-5 hours of work.
- Must have reliable transportation. My weddings are all over the valley. You must be willing to drive at least 30 minutes. Sometimes the locations are far or even in northern Arizona. If I need you for these weddings I will compensate you for the extra travel time/gas (extra $5 an hour), we can also carpool.
- I am very specific on how I have the hair prepped for updos/styles. During the practical interview I'll be paying attention to skill level and teachability.
- I need someone who is professional, on time, reliable, and FUN!
- I have a lot of opportunities coming next year that I'll be needing help with as well. I'm going to start teaching classes, photoshoots, assisting me behind the chair in my studio. There will be tons of opportunities to learn and make some extra money!